Thursday, December 17, 2015

School Christmas Program

One fun thing that they do in SD that they didn't do in IA, was have a School Christmas Program.  They do it twice in the day one at 9:30am and the other at 1:30pm.  Jason couldn't get off for either of the programs so I went to the morning one.

It was called "December 'Round the World" each grade sang songs from different parts of the world.

The prelude music was 3-5 graders taking turns playing one Christmas song on the piano.  Madi decided that was something she really wanted to do.  She already taught herself part of "Silent Night" last year so that is what she wanted to play.  We borrowed a piano keyboard from a friend and I taught her the rest of the song.  She was nervous but she did a great job...especially for never having had a piano lesson. (I don't have a picture because I was filming her playing)


 
 Savannah plays the violin in the school orchestra.  They played 2 songs, (Christmas Chopsticks and Jolly o'l Saint Nicholas) at the beginning   They also did a good job. 
 
 
Kindergarteners (Austin) sang about Hawaii
 
 
 
 
2nd graders (Olivia) sang about Hanukah
 
 
3rd graders (Madi) sang about Mexico/Spanish
 
 
5th graders (Savannah) sang about Jamaica and song called Peace on Earth (it as a really nice song, I really liked it) and ended the program singing with the 4th graders a song  called "December 'Round the World.
 
 
Savannah also had a narrating part right before the last song.
 
It was a very cute program.  All the kids did a great job.  It was very fun to watch!
 
 

No comments: