Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas in Utah

This year we decided to go to Utah to spend Christmas with our families.  It has been 7 years since we did that and figured it was time.  It was fun to share in the joy of season with family.  The kids enjoyed it but it is not what their Christmas memories/traditions are so it was different for them.  Jason and I, on the other hand, that is what Christmas was like for us growing up, parties and family so it was fun for us.


We drove down to Sioux Falls Friday, Dec 18th after the kids got home from school, spent the night there and then Jason flew out early the next morning, (he had different flights because we stayed longer in Utah and he flew into Aberdeen instead.) and then the kids and I flew out Saturday afternoon.

 
 

Sunday: We went and saw Grandpa and Brenda.  Brenda has been diagnosis with ALS and isn't doing well.  Both of them are in denial so it is hard to talk about but since we were in town we decided we better stop in just incase it is the last time we see her.  It is very hard to see but I'm glad we went.  We just kept it light and had a very nice talk with the two of them.


The thing I wanted to do most with our kids was see the lights on Temple Square.  So we went there Sunday night.  I love it there and it is so beautiful with the lights and snow.  It was cold and wet since it snowed right before we got there but we had a fun time anyway. (see other post for more pictures)


Monday: Jason, Savannah and I went to see the new Star Wars while my mom took Madi, Olivia and Austin up to Jeff's house to go sledding.  Madi even snowboarded for the 1st time and did awesome she looked like she had done it before.  They had a great time!  Austin even came back and said, "We had way more funner than Savannah."







 That night Kierstin took the kids and they had a big sleepover at her house. 



Tuesday: We night we had Olivia's baptism (see separate post)





Wednesday: Jason went to Star Wars again and the kids and I went to see the windows and gingerbread house at the Grand America Hotel.










Thursday: Christmas Eve we had dinner and programs at grandpa and grandma Jensen's



Friday: Christmas morning, we opened the presents Santa brought (we didn't bring gifts for the kids because it would have been to much to take them and bring them back home so we decided to do our own Christmas later when we got home).  Had breakfast. Then went over to grandpa and grandma Gardner's for more presents and dinner. (see other post)

Saturday:  I can't remember...shopping maybe. 

Sunday: Jason went to see his grandparents and friends. The kids and I went to church with my parents then we had dinner there that night

 



 

Monday: We went ice skating at the Gallivan Center.

Tuesday: Jason flew home, he was on call and had to get back to work.  The kids went to the movie Hotel Transylvania 2 with grandma Jensen and their cousins, while I went shopping.

 
 
 
 

Wednesday:  I went shopping in the morning while the kids went on a walk with grandma, then we drove up to Bear Lake to spend New Years up there. (see other post for more Bear Lake Pictures)





Thursday:  Went sledding all day.  The kids LOVED it!  We couldn't keep them off the hill.  Then we celebrated New Years with poppers and all kinds of fun stuff before going to bed.

2016




 

 
 






 

Friday:  New Years Day!  We went sledding more.  Then that night we celebrated Austin's birthday!

 
 




Saturday:  The kids went sledding more while we got the cabin clean and ready to go.  Then on our way home I drove the kids by Weber State to show them where we meet.




 

 



Sunday:  Happy Birthday Austin! We went to Lydia's baby blessing.  It was fun to be there for that since we have missed almost all the other baby blessings in the family.  Later that night we celebrated Austin's birthday with the Jensen side of the family.







Monday:  We went to the Trampoline Park with the Jensen cousins. Then gathered everything together and packed up.



Tuesday:  Flew home and then did some shopping in Sioux Falls at Costco before driving the 3 hours home!

We had a great trip and enjoyed spending time in Utah in the Winter!

No comments: