Monday, June 29, 2015

leaving


 
After the kids flew home with grandpa and grandma.  We started to get everything done to finish up selling the house. There was paperwork to be done, things to be cleaned out and places to eat one last time. :)
 
 








 
 
We were lucky that Sanford paid for someone to come pack and move us so we just had to be there to supervise that.  This was great except for a few things for example when our alarm clock went off early the next day inside of  a box and we couldn't find it. Things I didn't think about since we had never had anyone move us before.
 
 
 
Saturday after the moving truck pulled away we started cleaning and then Sunday we dropped our couch off at the Dunlavy's and said good-bye to them one last time.  That was very hard because like I said before how do you express your thanks to someone who has done so much for you...there were really no words just a hug and lots of tears.
 
Sunday we couldn't go to church again.  We had already said our good-byes the week before and I just couldn't do it again.  Sam and McKena came at Noon for the final walk through and then everything was done on that end.  It was so sad again when Jason told them, that we hope they enjoy the house as much as we did and make good memories here.  Then he told them to take care of it and I couldn't hold back the tears.  (It was all more emotional that I thought, but it is hard to leave something that you know you will never see again but have so many great memories about.
 
 
Monday morning we just finished loading stuff in the car and finished vacuuming.  It was horrible to leave.  I was gathering up all the little stuff and Jason was vacuuming and all of the sudden I hear him sniffing and I look at him and he is crying and I was already crying.  It was horrible.  Then to top it all off we knelt down right before locking up and said a prayer.  Jason said it as we both cried our eyes out.  Jason could barely make it through it but I'm glad we did it, it was a special moment.
 

 

 
(the tree we planted)


 
 
 
(last picture as I drove away on June 29th at 9:16am )

Then we locked up and each headed out in separate cars crying for about an hour as we drove up to South Dakota.
 
We are so grateful for the opportunity that we had to live in such a great place and make so many great memories.
 
 
We LOVE you Iowa and will miss you!!! You will always have a special place in our hearts.

 
(last drive into Des Moines)

 
 
 

 

No comments: