Friday after the kids got out of school we went down to the Green's Lake House and spent the night. It was a fun quick get away. A few highlights...we went fishing and I caught my 1st fish and it just so happened Jason caught a fish at the same time. All our kids wanted to hold the fish. They really liked reeling them in, holding them and then throwing them back. The kids found a bunch of snails in the water in their shells so they liked collecting those and lining them up on the dock. They couldn't wait to go swimming so even though it wasn't really hot and it was over cast they still went swimming. BJ and Jason went golfing. Kristen and I talked and watched the kids. Jack and Austin were best buddies. They all got a canoe ride. Oh and Olivia threw up all over their nice white carpet at 1:20 in the morning and then told me she felt much better. :) and Jason and I didn't get much sleep at all (Jason's on night shift so his body is used to being up from 2:30pm-6:30am so he was roaming the house all night. Or was trying to go to bed while I was snoring. I was trying to be nice so I tried sleeping on the floor but that didn't work so I was up all night worried about him not sleeping. plus every time he tried rolling me over to stop my snoring I woke up.) It was really fun though. We left late Saturday night to come home. We wish we could have stayed longer but we had church and we couldn't sleep like that again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment