Saturday, July 23, 2011

Utah -Week 3 June 26th-July 2nd

Sunday the 26th after church and Austin's 1st time going into nursery, we had a HUGE family dinner at my parent's house. There were 46 people from 7 different states (Utah, Florida, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Iowa and Idaho). It was so fun to see my family again, it has been a really long time since we all have been together.





Monday the 27th we headed up to BEAR LAKE for the week the first part of the week my mom's siblings and some of my cousins came up and then the second part of the week my siblings came up for the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time and I thought by the time the full week was over I would be ready to go home but really I could have stayed. We did miss Jason though.



Tuesday the 28th we headed to the beach the water is up so high we had to drive to North Beach everyday. Austin with his Great Grandpa LeCheminant


Grandpa LeCheminant. This is the whitest he has been in his whole life. When I was young he was always dark he was one that would sit in the sun all the day with sun tan OIL.


Wednesday the 29th the lake was rough so we decided to go to Ideal Beach and swim in the pool. My mom's aunt and uncle have a place there and they let us in. We kind of over took the pool but had a great time going down the slide and playing keep away...boys against girls. We had to leave after it started raining.


So we came back to the cabin and went 4-wheeling. Austin loves the 4-wheeler and grandpa loved teaching him how to drive it. From that time on he wanted to ride them, if no one was riding them he would sit on them in the garage and try to drive them.


Later that night we took the boat out and went tubing. It was cold but the water wasn't rough. The kids had a GREAT time.


Thursday the 30th my mom's family left slowly so we took a lot of pictures...who knows when this will happen again. It was really fun to be with my grandpa, we don't see him a lot and it was great to talk to him.
My kids and I with my Grandpa LeCheminant (age 79, in 3 days).

Grandpa with all his kids

Jenny (my cousin) and Olivia. Olivia just loves Jenny, she made Jenny her best friend whether she liked it or not but she is so sweet you would never know if she cared or not. Thanks Jenny for being Olivia's friend.

Later that day we went to the Minnetonka Caves. It was a lot of fun, my kids first time in a cave. I had to leave early with Austin because he wanted to walk and that just wasn't an option.

Then Grandpa taught Austin how to drive the backhoe or "tactor" as Austin would say. Ya he wouldn't get off that either but you wouldn't either if your grandpa taught you how to move the buck up and down and you are only 1 1/2 years old.

the girls wanted in on the fun too.

Friday we went to the again, this time it was with my siblings and their kids.
Savannah, Madi and my mom and Austin out in the canoes...I couldn't believe that my girls could actually paddle those things. They had a great time on them...Austin not so much, in fact he didn't even really like the water or the beach...

he did like driving the boat though and again grandpa taught him how to make it go faster which he thought was the BEST!



I just love this picture of Little Tate.

I skied for the 1st time in 3 years. I always was pregnant and so I wasn't able but this year since I'm NOT pregnant I decided to try even though I didn't think I could since I am 30 pounds heavier but I got up on my 3rd try and was very excited. (Don't mind my big white legs just be glad I got up. :))


My brother Jeff and Savannah wakeboarding. She loved it and loved her "fancy leg" even more.
Jeff and Madi wakeboarding. She loved it just as much...both wakeboarding and her "fancy leg".
Both my brother are good wakeboarders doing flips and all kinds of fun things so that was fun for my kids to watch too. Spencer (my brother-in-law) is starting to do pretty good too getting so big air. Jason, I'm not sure he hasn't been for years...hopefully next year.


Then we skied Savannah again...she skied 2 years ago but hasn't done it since. She did a great job.
Madi tried but tip over sideways and then said she was too cold and would try the next day.
Olivia said she wanted to do it, the picture show how far she got. But hey I was shocked that she said she wanted to try...

She did tube though which was GREAT for her.


Saturday, July 2nd We had another GREAT day on the lake...


I wakeboarded, nothing fancy but I did get up :), Savannah skied again and so did Madi but that deserves it's own post so that will come later.

No comments: