Friday, October 1, 2010

one more down, one more to go

NOTE: this might be a little to much information for some of you.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to buy Olivia her special big girl underware and get rid of the diapers, she has been walking up dry for months so I thought maybe we should try it. We went to the store, she chose "Tinkerbell" underware and we took of the diaper. The first day she did good for the first day she only peed twice in her underware and pooped in the toilet so I took that as a good sign...Well I was wrong, the next was horrible not once did she go on the toilet in fact right after I would ask her if she needed to go to the bathroom she would come back 2 minutes later wet and then she pooped which made me even more upset. I was so mad, I couldn't even take it. I debated whether to quit but once you start you aren't supposed to stop, but was she really ready, does she really know when she has to go, and cleaning up pee off my new carpet wasn't really something I wanted to do all day long. Jason told me to stop, that maybe she really couldn't feel it and that she really wasn't ready....So I stopped. The next morning I put a diaper back on her and let her go.


Then a week later she told me she need to go to the bathroom on the toilet and she went, so I let her put a "pull up" on, I wasn't sure how serious she was (maybe she just wanted some M&M, part of the bribery to get her to go potty on the toilet) and I still didn't want to clean up pee all day long. Well it has been a couple of weeks with only 2-3 pee accidents and 2 poop accident (which happened to be today, one she woke up with and the other was at Wal-Mart, I think she had a sick belly).


Today I decided she we would try "big girl underware" again, she was so excited. Then I took her to the store to pick out a "special present" for being a "big girl" and going potty on the toilet all the time.




She choose a baby...
she loves baby dolls and we have a ton but it is worth it if I don't have to have two sizes of diapers any more.

Good Job Olivia! for being our big girl and going potty on the toilet...
now you can stop growing.

PS I don't take credit for potty training her, I am going to give that credit to her in deciding to be a big girl.

3 comments:

Spjut Family said...

how funny, today was my first attempt to potty train Cole. Let's say, it's about like Olivia's bad days.

Rachael said...

Oh good job Olivia! That is so great! I am not looking forward to that at all, it just seems so hard. Can you believe you only have to do it one more time? Josh begs to go potty every time I do and I let him sit there. At times I wonder if he is ready but honestly I think it is more important that the Mom be ready seeing WE are the oneS that are cleaning the pee off the carpets. Hey maybe I should potty train him and then I could convince Jeff to get new carpet! Well good Job to both of you!

Kristie said...

Yeah Olivia! Isn't it so nice to have your kids potty trained. One more Ali!