Monday, October 18, 2010

grandpa and grandma's visit

Please don't read all of this. It is more of just a journal entry, so don't waste your time. Just enjoy the pictures. AND for those of your reading this before Jason edits this, I apologize.




My parents came to visit us this last week. They flew in on Wednesday, October 13th until Sunday, October 17th. We did a lot of fun things and of course my kids LOVED spending time with their grandparents, we don't get to see them often so we take advantage of every moment they are here.












Wednesday: we had lunch, walked to pick Savannah up at school, then played at the playground, came home and played, until dinner and then went to Chili's. My dad also had to fix the bathroom sink before they could use it. Good thing my dad is handy.Grandpa and grandma could not come to visit with out bring our kids favorite books.

Taking turns going to sleep with grandma's Ipod is another highlight.

Thursday: I took Austin for his 9 month doctor appointment, while my parents watched the girls it was so nice just to take one kid and be there in peace. I had Savannah stay home from school and we all went shopping for awhile and played outside, finally my parents came when the weather was nice (besides graduation but that was just a whirlwind of stuff and a fast trip)



Friday: my parents went and had school lunch with Savannah then I went and helped at Savannah's Fall Party at school (I took advantage of spending time in the classroom while I had help at home, it was a lot of fun. Savannah always asks when I am going to come help at her school.)

Then right after we picked Savannah up from school we went to the Center Grove Apple Orchard out in Cambridge. We had a great time. There was hardly anyone there and so we just did what we wanted when we wanted. We feed the goats, rode the peddle tractors, played in the 3 little pig houses, swam in the corn pool, slid down the big slide, jumped on the air pillow, and of course picked apples (which were delicious). Jason didn't come with us he wasn't feeling good after work so he just met us later for dinner and ice cream at DQ.


the Corn Pool.





the big air pillow


Big slide...we couldn't get the girls to stop going down.






















Saturday we woke up early for Savannah's soccer game, which she played really well. Then we headed to the Downtown Farmers Market in Des Moines.

After we drove out to the Howell's Pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins (we will not be doing that again it has gone to commercial for us).





it is a tradition for us to take this picture




looking for the perfect pumpkin...see side pictures for results.









That night my parents watched the kids (had pizza, made cookies and went to Dollar Tree) while Jason and I went out on a date (Thai food at Thai Flavors, that Jason couldn't even taste because he was sick and then walk around Wal-Mart and TJ Maxx)...Now that's what I call a date





Sunday we went to church, had lunch and for course took last minute pictures and then headed to the airport.


We had a great time with ganma and ganpa/papa. WE LOVE YOU! Thanks for coming to see us.







another benefit from having family come is they can take a family picture...I know some of you have been wondering if I was ever going to change the picture on the top of our blog so there you go.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

How fun to have visitors! That makes me sad about Howells, I really liked that place! I know what you mean about going to the dr. with only one kid too, it does seem like a mini vacation to me:) hehe.

Love the new family picture, I can't believe how big everyone is getting!

Rachael said...

What a great time! Me and Jeff need to come out for a visit now cause it always looks like we are really missing out. And little Austin is all of the sudden all grown up. He looks so different than other pictures. All your kids are looking so much older, its crazy! Very cute pictures!