Friday, October 8, 2010

9 months



Austin turned 9 months on Sunday, time sure does fly it seems like yesterday was January and I was in the hospital. He is such a happy little boy and we love having him in our family


Here are a few things about him:





he can pull himself up on the bottom step and the fireplace and stand there,


he jabbers more and more and mostly says "dada" but it doesn't mean dad (Jason wishes),


he has been growling for the last few months,






he is starting to crawl (for the last couple months he has been rolling everywhere to get what he wants, the he moved to getting up on is feet with his head on the floor and them pushing his head across the floor, poor kid always had a red forehead, then for the last week a little army crawl but for the last few days he has been getting on his knees and today even moved without putting his head down for support, so it won't be long before he is everywhere...not something I have been looking forward too.)


if you hold his hands he would stand there all day.


he loves to go on walks


he smiles all the time




he is starting to get shy around other people but just for a minute.


he loves to take baths and cries when he has to get out.


he loves balls and trucks (the other day I had a ball and a doll and he went straight for the ball)


he loves to eat and feed himself (I don't do baby food anymore)


He weighs about 21 lbs and almost 29 inches


He has had 3 hair cuts (well maybe 2 the first one I tried to cut with scissors had a hard time and he ended up with steps so the next day I buzzed it. Then a few weeks later I guess I didn't buzz it well enough and he had a big section of long hair right on the crown of his head so I buzzed it again this time all over really good. So now I think I finally have it down, I'm just not going to tell Jason when I do it because he will say it looks bad no matter what, he thinks I should pay someone.)


He has 6 teeth.


He loves to watch his sisters play and his sisters can't get enough of him.


We love to give him hugs and kisses (even if he doesn't like it all the time, usually after 5 minutes of being mauled, he starts getting annoyed).


2 comments:

Rachael said...

I just love this boy! I can tell he has one of those personalities you can't help but love. We had a hard time cutting Josh's hair the first few times too but it just takes practice and the buzzer is deffinately the way to go. That is funny Jason thinks you shouls pay someone... I guess cutting your own hair runs in the family cause Jeff would NEVER allow me to pay someone. Lucky we only have boys so far!

Kristie said...

He is such a cute boy. It makes me sad I can't give him a big squeeze. He almost weighs the same as his 3 yr old cousin, Sierra!