We decided to take another mini vacation. Jason had Wednesday-Friday off because his attending doctor was having surgery, so he finished his rotation Tuesday night and we had a few days as a family. We don't know how much time we are going to have to spend time together especially after we start Residency next year so we are taking advantage of any time we have together.
We haven't been down to Missouri to see the Church sites so we left Thursday after Savannah's preschool for Liberty, Independence, Far West and Adam-Ondi- Ahman. We had a great trip. The weather was perfect, we got a nice hotel for under $50 that fed us breakfast, we saw all the sites and Jason got to eat GREAT barbeque. (more detail below for Journal purposes)
After we checked into our hotel we went to see the Liberty Jail. That was really neat to see. It was good to hear the missionaries give the history since I don't really know a lot about the saints time there. (even though I had to take Olivia out in the middle of the history and then she pooped when we got into the auditorium which made me concerned for the others on the tour because I knew they could smell it. I still learned something.)
Then the sister missionary at the desk told us of a good barbeque place she had heard about. Jason said he trusts the missionaries to know where the good food was so we headed over to it. It was called Wabash and it was excellent! We even saw the couple missionaries there with their family. Savannah had her first ribs and ate them like a pro, Jason was so proud, but now that is all she wants to eat.
It was late so we headed back to the hotel to go for a swim. The girls love to swim and that is all they can think about when we are in a hotel.
It was late so we headed back to the hotel to go for a swim. The girls love to swim and that is all they can think about when we are in a hotel.
The next morning we ate breakfast, and went over to the Independence Visitor Center. We went on two tour and then the girls got to play in a little log house, which they didn't want to leave and if we would of had more time we would of let them play more.
Then we drove out to Far West. It is out in the middle of no where but it is the most beautiful place. It was so peaceful when we got to the temple grounds. We couldn't have asked for a better day, green grass, the bird chirping, and smell of spring, it was WONDERFUL. You could really feel the spirit.
(Olivia and her smile when the camera comes out)
On our way out to Far West and Adam-Ondi-Ahman the girls loved it, the road were rolling hills and like I said it was in the middle of no where so Jason drove fast up and down the hill, the girls thought they were on a roller coaster, it was so much fun they laughed the whole time when their "belly's tickled".
Last stop Adam-Ondi-Ahman. It is a beautiful place and really neat to know what is going to happen there one day, you can really feel the spirit. We only wish we had more time but we had to get back so Jason could have his TB shot read.
It was a GREAT trip and we are really glad we did it. Our kids where great (expect for the coughing all night) and it is always fun to be together as a family.
7 comments:
I love Olivias camera face, that is great! It looks like you guys had a fun time. I really want to go out there sometime, sooner than later. Maybe we will just have to plan a get away to see you guys and go there at the same time.
What a fun trip Allison. Those pics are great. I love the one with Savannah eating her BBQ ribs--thats awesome. We just might have to go there before we move.
That picture of Olivia is cracking me up! I can't believe how big your girls are, and you look great! I love the spirit of Adam ondi ahman (sp?) We went in the middle of winter, but I bet springtime there is wonderful! Hopefully you will be around when we come in May.
I'm so jealous! That's great that you got to see so much and spend time together as a family. Miss ya!
How fun! I for sure want to go there now. It sounds like you all had a great time.
What a great trip! I want to take my kids on a church history tour someday when they're bigger. Reed went with his dad when he was about 18 and headed down the wrong path in life... he said it was one of the best trips for him.
What a fun vacation. The girls are so funny! I love their personalites! What beautiful pictures of Adam-Ondi-Ahman. How neat for you to be in that place and to know the importance of it.
Post a Comment