Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dad's Day

Today was Dad's Day at preschool (aka bring your dad to school day). We weren't sure if Jason would be able to get if off to go so we didn't make a big deal about it until Tuesday when the doctor Jason is working with in Family Practice told him it would be fine if he came in later that day. YEAH!


We told Savannah that Jason could go and she was so excited and started laughing (something she does when she gets excited). Wednesday morning she came in our room and asked me if it was Dad's day, when I told her no, she said she had dreamed about it and was so excited. So needless to say this morning when she got up she couldn't get out the door fast enough.

They had a great time together!



Jason even got to read the book and when I told him how "lucky" he was Savannah looked at me and said "I was lucky too."


"Why," I said, "because your dad read the book?"


"Yep, and no one else's did." she said.
(thanks for the picture Andrea and Steve for taking it.)

7 comments:

Mindy Burns said...

How fun! Jason will be really lucky when they ask him to come in as a doctor and tell the kids what he does, etc. The best part was all the kids said they liked when Hailey's dad the firefighter came better- his hat was way cooler! :)

Andrea said...

That Savannah is the cutest! How cute that she was so excited for her daddy to come with her.

PS: Oh and don't worry I have THE pic of Jason 'in action' reading the book to the kids. (way to go Steve for taking it) I will email it to you right now.

Spjut Family said...

That is so so sweet. The kids always love when their parents get to come to things. Jason is such a good dad. Oh, I can just imagine little Savannah excited to show off her daddy. :)

Megan and Shawn said...

I'm so jealous! Shawn wanted to go so bad, but school, is school! Savannah is such a sweet girl - I hope I get one like her some day.

Melbell said...

Cutest story EVER! What a fun day!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Savannah is such a sweet girl. How cute that she was so excited for Jason to come to school with her!

Kristie said...

What a cute thing for preschoolers. They don't see their dads as much.