Tuesday, October 7, 2014

testimony of tithing

Kids I want you to know the blessing that have come to our family because we pay our tithing.

I do all the finances in our family.  Jason makes the money and I take care of the rest.  Residence don't make a lot of money but we have managed and gotten by for the last 4 years and have this last year left before he gets paid for all that he has gone through.  He is a very hard worker and we appreciate all he does for our family so I can be at home with the kids (My dream job).

Anyways there have been days when I pray to my Heavenly Father that everything will work out and that we can make it to the next payday.  There have been many nights I can't sleep because #'s keep running through my head trying to figure out just how it is all going to work.  I don't bother Jason with it very often because he has enough stress at work and he knows we don't have a lot of money, so I usually just keep praying that everything will work out  And without fail my prayers have been answered every time.... I know it is because we pay our tithing.

The most recent just happened this week.  Jason came home from work last week and said he was working at DMU on Friday.  I couldn't believe it.  I was just wondering when he was going to get that chance again because he makes about $400 each day he works there and it helps a lot, obviously.  It brought such a relieve to me and again an answer to my prays.  Then when he called this morning he said he was going to DMU this afternoon to work again.  I couldn't believe it one day was great and now two days that was awesome.

He has also been nice to the ER doctors at the hospital and they like him and his work ethic, that they have given him the opportunity to work at the Iowa Raceway in the Medical tent, which has given us a little extra money.  (Even though it is more fun than work when he goes there because he gets to see some of the race.)

There was also the time a few years ago that a lady in the Hy-Vee parking lot handed me an envelope and said Merry Christmas!  I wish I would have hugged her but I took the card.  Thinking it was just a nice card for the Holidays from a strangers, not really strange here in Iowa, but when I got inside the store and opened it there was $100 in it.  I almost started to cry but I was in the store and had all my kids with me. 

These are just a few examples of what have happened through the years and I know it is because we pay our tithing. 

I also know that we are truly blessed and have way more than many, many people...even with our small paycheck.

We have truly seen the blessing that come from paying our tithing and each time have thanked the Lord for answering our prayers and blessing us as he sees needed.



No comments: