Friday, May 11, 2012

"pasie boken"

Jason has been telling me that Austin needs to get rid of his pacifier. I on the other hand didn't want to get rid of it because he has been my only child that has taken a pacifier from the time he was born and they gave him it at the hospital. But he also has been the best sleeper, all he needs is his blankets and pacifier and he lays right down...now why would I take it away and make my life harder :) Jason says I'm being selfish.  So Tuesday, May 8 I did what my parents did to me and I cut the top off of the pacifier. If I would have just taken it away he would have wanted to look for it until he found it so this way he has it...it's just broken. It was so sad when he first noticed, he cried and cried and kept saying "my pasie boken". But I talked to him about taking his blankets to bed and his cars and he would be okay...It went better than I thought but he still cried.
It's been a few days and he still says, "my pasie boken" with a cute, sad face every time I put him to bed and I have noticed he doesn't sleep as long at night, he is waking up an hour earlier, yay for me (Jason doesn't care because he's already at work so I get no sympathy) and nap time he doesn't fall asleep as fast but at least he is going to sleep and not crying all night. Last night he kept yelling at his sister through the wall while everyone was tring to go to sleep. Hopefully by the time this week is over he will be tired enough and sleep longer...here's to hoping.

No comments: