Jason has been working so hard, I feel like he can never get a break. It seems as though everything happens at the same time and sleep is what gets put on the back burner. Every morning when the alarm goes off I really want to cry for him...I don't know how he does it. He wakes up at 4:15am, is to work by 5:00am, and then gets home around 6:00pm, that's a 13 hour day on a good day. Then on average he works 5 weekend shifts a month where he works all day into the next morning til around 10:30am. So as you can tell sleep doesn't happen and if you think he gets to sleep on his night shifts, think again. He might get 30 minutes-1 hour on a good shift but that only happens once a month. Not to mention he is walking and standing the whole day. I know he chose this profession and he is very happy, it has been his dream to be a Doctor his whole life and he doesn't regret it, it just is a little harder than he thought. The thing that gets him/us through all of this is that it will get better every year...at least that's what we are hoping. :) (and don't worry we are glad that he has a job because we know there a people out there who don't have one.) He doesn't get any appreciation from the people he works with either and I don't think I tell him how much I appreciate him as much as I should so...
Honey THANK YOU for working so hard! I love you and appreciate all that you do for our little family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I too am amazed at how he and others do it- (physically, emotionally, and mentally) Waking up with crying twins was NOTHING compared to the little amounts of sleep Brian got during residency. Craziness! And it DOES get easier each year, so at least there's that! :)
Post a Comment