Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter

Oh how we love winter in Iowa.!?



It has been such good weather and in one day it went from 57 degrees to 37 degrees last week. Then yesterday it snowed all day but was no worse than snow in Utah (I thought) but schools were let out early so Savannah's preschool was cancelled.

Well last night the winds picked up and now we are snowed in (well at least everyone across the street is, the snow from our porch has blown over against their doors almost 3/4 up their door). It is 10 degrees right now, there was 14.5 inches of snow that fell in Des Moines yesterday and last night and the winds are so strong almost every thing is closed they even said all the malls are closed and of course all the schools are closed along with lots of other businesses.


Jason is with a plastic surgeon this week and they were supposed to do surgery today at 7am but when he called the Surgery Center they said there was no anesthesiologist so that of course means no surgery. I think he has mixed feelings he loves surgery but he also needs sleep and he has his final boards on Friday that he really needs to study for so that is what he will be doing.


As for me I am just glad I don't have to get everyone ready today and we can just have a fun day at home. I have a huge list of things to do that I am hopefully going to get to. But also have fun make gingerbread men with the girls and getting cozy.


I do want to just say that I feel sorry for the people that do have to work but am grateful for them also. There are some people that just don't get a day off in bad weather, snow plows, doctors, nurses, police officers, fire department, and the list goes on but I am sure glad they do because I keep thinking if I go into Labor or if there was an emergency I am going to want my doctor there and the roads plowed as much as possible. Thank you to all you people!

5 comments:

Debbi said...

Stay warm! That looks crazy, you should check out residency programs out our way:) No snow!

Kierstin said...

AMEN! I am also so grateful for those who work when I don't have to... I tell Reed thank you every day for working hard so I can stay home with my babies... there is nothing I would rather do right now in my life. I can't wait for my kids 3 week christmas break so we can just hang out and be cozy inside and let things just flow and be relaxed without a crazy schedule for a while. love it! xo

Spjut Family said...

Holy Smokes, I just don't know how you do it. I pray that God doesn't send Shawn to a Blasted Cold City. THink beaches, think sand, think sunshine. I don't think I could handle that kind of cold. Bless you. Wishing you warm thoughts.

Andrea said...

Holy snow! I thought we got a lot but no 14 inches at my house! Don't forget those lowly mailmen out delivering in the yucky weather. I'm all too familiar with that one. Miss you guys! ps-it's making me type redlyce. That's funny.

Kristie said...

Serioulsy Iowa doesn't like normal weather. It is always the extreme there.
You are such an wonderful mom. Always making things with the girls. I don't know how you do it all.