Friday, November 21, 2008

this week at our house

We have had an eventful week.



Madi went potty (poo poo) on her toilet. I haven't started training her yet, just put the potty out. Monday night she got out of the tub, went potty, we all celebrated and she got back in the tub. Yeah Madi! (The things we celebrate as parents, who ever thought we would be happy for poop.)



Tuesday Madi's mattress arrived so we set up her toddler bed and Olivia finally has a real crib to sleep in.



Madi loves her new bed and doesn't even get out in the middle of the night like Savannah did, and still does. Wednesday when I put her down for her nap and locked her in the room. She was upset at first and actually got out, after I put her down again I could here her knocking on the door (it was so cute) after awhile that stopped and when I went to check on her books were all over the room and this is what she looked liked,



I could have looked at her all day. So Sweet!





Thursday it was Mom's Day at Savannah's preschool. Erica watched Madi and Olivia (Thank You so much Erica!) and Savannah and I went to preschool. She was so excited and so was I. A few weeks before she brought home the invitation and could barely contain herself. We had a great day. It was fun to see her in the classroom with all her friends and spend time with just her.




It was so sweet because in her prayer last night she thanked that it was mom's day at preschool and then this morning one of the first things she said was, "that was sure fun at mom's day, tomorrow." Yes, Savannah it was fun, mom had a great time.


Courtney, Kristen, Erica, Autumn, Jennifer

Alli, Laurie, Megan, Andrea, Jen

Andrea, Jennifer, and Alli

Then Thursday/Friday I went to the opening night of "Twilight". Last month I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start reading the series, and then bought my ticket for the movies. My friends all went and we had a great time. We were first in line, that is what you get when you arrive 4 hours early. We talked, took pictures, played games and ate while we waited. It was fun to get out and have a girls night out. I liked the movie but of course I liked the book better.

Then the BYU vs Utah game. Jason had a bunch of U fans over and since I am a Y fan, Autumn let me go and hang out at her house. Thanks Autumn, I had a great time talking and hanging out. Jason had a great time with all his buddies, food and football.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Madi is so sweet!! Sounds like you had a busy week. Thursday night was fun! I may have to agree with you and say the book was better than the movie. Only a tiny bit though! :)

Mindy Burns said...

YAY for poop on the potty! Now I'm depressed. I still have two 3 year olds that have yet to master that task!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!! Yay for you for standing up for the Y!!! We had a Cougar party and everyone left crying. Brian says to tell Jason to enjoy the victory while it lasts! :)

Kierstin said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting! It makes me sad that we aren't closer to let our kids grow up together. I am really excited to see you all at Christmas. We are going to come over to mom's on Christmas morning after my kids open their presents. It will be sooo much fun to see them all together! Love you!

Andrea said...

I can't believe she sleeps so well in her big girl bed. Thats awesome. And YAY for the potty.

Oh ya, Steve loved watching the game over at your house this weekend. I hope he didn't get too out of control cheering for his UTES!!

Melbell said...

How did you like the movie Ally? We went with a huge group also - what fun!!!

Kristie said...

What is wrong with my Paige. She is a lot older then Madi but has no interest to be potty trained. Some day I guess. You did have a busy week. I tried to go to Riley's preschool class when they had their Thanksgiving Feast and she cried. She is to clingy. The girls can't wait to see their cousins.