Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



I decided to make just one post of all the things we did for HALLOWEEN so here it goes.




First Jason and I went to Murder Mystery Party at the first of the month that some friends did. Jason was the lawyer and I was a news reporter. It was a ton of fun, thanks Jankes for a fun night.




We made pumpkin bats for Family Night. I got the idea from the YMCA and thought they were really cute. Just don't make them too early, ours got mushy and I threw them out before Halloween.




We went to Night Eyes at the Zoo last friday with the Morris'. We had lots of fun, it was little cold and we thought we would get rained on but it turned out to be a great night.








We carved pumpkins. I don't know who loved it more Jason or the kids.




Savannah had a Preschool Halloween Parade. She got to be the line leader, which she thought was really great.

Then we went trick or treating last night, Beggers Night (for those of you who don't know, here in Iowa we are weird and go trick or treating the night before Halloween and it is called Beggers Night.? I don't know why.) This was the first year Savannah really got into it, we went together for awhile as a family and then Jason went home with Olivia to pass out candy. Savannah wanted to keep going and so did Madi so I took them around to some more houses.



The girls were so cute Savannah and Madi would BOTH knock on the door and say "Trick or Treat" (Madi's little voice was so cute) and then we told them if they don't say "thank you" you won't get the candy (I hate when kids don't say, "thank you" or they ask how many pieces they can have, pet peeve of mine.) so after they go their piece of they would say, "thank you" and run to the next door. It was so fun watching them. The best part was the weather, it was so nice I wore a short sleeve shirt. 100% better then the first year (2006) in Iowa when we got frost bite just walking out our door.


We also made treats thoughout the month. The tradition that I had as a child, making and decorating sugar cookies with different kinds of candy. Jason made caramel apples which we tried to eat (he burnt the caramel so it was really hard to eat, we ended up throwing them out but it was the idea the counts) while watching the classic Charlie Brown's Halloween. And then we made cupcakes with whitches hats, (I found the recipe at Target).




Tonight we went to our Ward Halloween Party followed by Trunk or Treat, just in case the kids didn't have enough candy already. It was nice weather again that it was all outside. We had chili, corn bread, salsa and chips and pumpkin deserets out in the pavillion and then the trunk or treat in the parking lot. It was lots of fun!



Hope everyone has a fun and safe HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Spjut Family said...

Allie, what a fun Halloween! Your children are so cute. I'm glad you have a lot of friends to do things with. Shawn made a comment on how close you are with your friends, and how your children know them so well--that is so nice when you are away from family. You guys are always doig such fun activites with your kids. I get a kick reading about them.

Andrea said...

I love all your pics Allison. Those pumpkin bats are cool, we'll have to remember that for next year.

Anne-Marie said...

HOw fun! B is totally jealous that savannah got to be Ro!! She's just decided that now that she's done being cinderella, she's going to be Ro :)