After the General Priesthood Session of Conference a couple of weeks ago Jason came home with a list of things we need to work on, not nessesarily things they talked about but things that he started to think about while sitting there. One of the things on the list was having a more structured Family Home Evening every Monday night. So he gave me the assignment to make a chart so everyone knows their part during Family Night.
Last week Savannah was in charge of Music which she wasn't too happy about, she really wanted to do the lesson, but I told her we have to take turns. So she got creative. The next thing I know she said, "mom, this is my piano", when I looked she had sheet music (pages ripped out of a coloring book) leaning against the arm of the couch and she was pretending to play. It was so cute. For Family Night we had to relocate the piano to the chair but it worked just as good, she played "I am a Child of God" while we all sang.
I LOVE watching my CHILDREN learn and grow, it is the JOY of my LIFE!
5 comments:
She is so dang cute... she looks like she is getting so much older in that picture. I cant wait until Josh can participate in our Family Home Evenings, it sounds like alot of fun!
Savannah is such a sweet little girl. It is so fun to watch her grow. I think it is so neat that Jason is on top of things like FHE. My mom was always the one in charge of stuff like that. I tell Cole Scripture stories sometimes, but I really should start a schedule so we will always have Family Home Evening.
what a smarty pants! Seriously your girls are just so darling!
Kudos to you for doing FHE...although it's often short or seems pointless we try and do it at our house as well.
Ella always has to lead the song...standing on top of a chair or the stairs and we HAVE to watch her lead....
Way to recommit Alli - You and Jason should give yourself a big pat on the back! You're children will benefit from your FHE nights...even if you can't tell right now ;) Can't wait to see what the girls will be for Halloween!!
So cute! That is great you are getting her involved, that way she will be excited for FHE and keep you on track!
Post a Comment