Monday, September 21, 2015

Traditions

Last night Olivia did a Family Night on family traditions.  She read a little poem about traditions that she found in the "Friend" magazine and then we went around the room and wrote down our family traditions  (yearly, weekly and daily).
This blog tells about our family traditions but I thought I would write them down in one spot just so we could look at them and remember.  I am sure I will miss some and some will be created but these are some we talked about last night.

YEARLY
Birthday dates with dad
Birthday lunch with mom
Birthday clothes in the morning, the remaining presents at night
Valentines breakfast (table decorated with a little gift).
Valentines for our friends-put them on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and run
Easter- dye eggs, Easter Egg hunt,  Easter Ham dinner
Vanishing breakfast rolls told with the story of the Resurrection
4th of July Fireworks
Going to Utah in the Summer
New school clothes
Father's priesthood blessings before school starts
Pictures in the front yard on the 1st day of School
Watch the BYU vs Utah game (when they play each other)
Halloween sugar cookies (decorated with candy)
Trick or Treating
Thanksgiving dinner with sparkling cider
First Presidency's Christmas Devotional
Christmas Eve Dinner
Christmas Eve Family Night and then driving around to see the lights
Christmas Morning picture, lighting the fire, Christmas music on and then opening presents
Christmas dinner (Swedish meatballs, cheese potatoes, and rolls)
Christmas treats (fudge, cookies, black licorice caramels,)
Christmas treats for the neighbors
New Years celebration with silly string!!

WEEKLY
mom and dad Date Night
Family Night
Church

MONTHY

DAILY
Family Prayer
(wish I could say Family scriptures but we haven't mastered that yet)
Give dad hugs and kisses after family prayer and say good-night
mom reads to us before bed
mom tucks us in
family dinner together


No comments: