Madi and I have been keeping a secret and by the time one of my kids reads this hopefully they won't care any more. I have been volunteering in Madilynn's class every Friday for 6 months. Alisha and I decided to trade watching each others kids. She would bring her boys over from 8:30- 9:30am while she helped in her 1st graders classroom and then Austin would go with her from 10-11am while I helped with reading in Madilynn's classroom. It has been really fun to get to know the kids and see Madilynn in her classroom setting.
I wish I could have helped in Olivia's classroom too but with Austin still at home it's hard. Hopefully next year when he is in preschool I will find time to spend in everyone's classroom. The reason we had to keep it a secret was so that every Friday I wouldn't have extra drama added to what already existed every morning. But her teacher doesn't need help anymore, she is doing other things to wind down the rest of the year (5 weeks left) so I guess we can let our secret out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment