A year ago Jason and I signed up for the gym, we felt like we were ready and it wouldn't be a waste of money plus with Jason's job we get a discount for the whole family and they have child watch for free...that was a huge reason I couldn't go to the gym in the past.
I started going to zumba classes twice a week and loved it, then I would lift weights 1-2 times a week. I thought the weight would just fall right off, since I haven't worked out for so long when in reality I gained a little and then lost that and ended up and my same weight.
I'm happy to say, despite the maintaining of my weight, I'm still going to the gym. My routine now (it's changed a little in the last year) is; zumba 2-4 times a week and a strength training class once a week.
I still weigh the same and might have lost 1/4 an inch (I'm not sure got too depressed measuring myself and not seeing any change, although I have gone to the next hole on my belt.) BUT most important is that when I went to the doctor last month to have my cholesterol checked it had dropped almost 100 points (or whatever you call it) without medication, last night while playing tag with my kids in the backyard I didn't get winded and I can do more than two jumping jacks without killing over, I really enjoy going to the gym, and I haven't gained weight (which might have happened if I hadn't started working out).
So even though I haven't lost weight and I don't look any different, I do feel better and maybe one of these days I will lose some inches and weight...we'll see, I mean it did take me 5 years and 4 babies to gain the weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah...I just read your post about boys...it is so funny. I think he really needs a brother so you know just how much fun he can REALLY be when acted upon by an outside force. Those kids of yours are adorable!
good job! I get discouraged, too. I worked out 4 to 5 times a week all last summer to not see any change. My friend said I looked thinner but nothing really felt different. Kudos to you for keeping with it! You looked awesome at the party! It was great to see you :).
Post a Comment