Saturday, August 27, 2011

two-wheels

Madi learned to ride a two-wheeler this afternoon.




I have been feeling guilty not spending more time with my kids so after cleaning the house this morning, I took Austin outside to play while I painted my toenails which turned into a girl fest of painting even though last night we painted every ones nails. So we painted and spent time together then after Austin's nap he wanted to go play outside again so I had this idea to teach Madi how to ride a two-wheeler, even though I was thinking there is no way she will get it since she really doesn't like to ride her bike with training wheels...boy was I wrong.




We got her all padded up, I explained the 2 rules (1-don't look back at me 2-keep peddling) and I started running with her for about 10 sec let go and she was off, but I kept running just in case, helped her 1 or 2 more times with balance and that was it...




She was LOVING it! I was very surprised. She has been riding Savannah's scooter and balances well, but I just never thought she was ready to learn. After a few rides back and forth, I taught her how to get on it by herself and has already mastered that too.




Now the only problem is getting her off the bike.

Yeah Madi girl! Way to go! You are my good bike rider!

PS there were no tears, only excitement from the time I mentioned it to her. I guess I should have taught her sooner.

Now I'm on the look out for a bike for Olivia, apparently she was just staring to ride Madi's bike with the training wheels and loving it.

No comments: