(Since I had no one to take our picture I had to put it on timer...I don't think it turned out too bad)
Happy Mother's Day!
I have decided that for me mother's day just makes me in a bad mood because I expect my kids to be perfect, let me sleep in, make their own food, etc, etc, etc...and of course that doesn't happen especially when your husband works all day. But I do have to say, after the day was over and I was reflecting on it, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Savannah got the kids breakfast and when I came downstairs I was welcomed with a big "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!" and big hugs from my kids. Church went good, meaning I got to listen to most of Sacrament Meeting and Relief Society and only had to leave twice with Austin. My husband made it home in time to eat dinner with us and clean it up.
The reason that I really like mother's day is because it is a time for me to think of all the wonderful women in my life. I have wonderful grandmother's who where great examples to me and even though I wish they were still with us I am grateful for the things that I learned from them. I also have a wonderful mother-in-law who is like a mother to me. And of course my mom who has taught me so much and is a wonderful example to me. I feel so blessed to have her as my mom.
So HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you wonderful women in my life who have taught me so much and helped me become a better mother. I LOVE YOU! and I wish you the perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment