Monday, July 26, 2010

Our 1st Home

So after being married for 11 years and living in apartments the whole time we have finally bought our first home and we LOVE it!




We closed on our house on June 11th. It was a very happy moment and after we were done the girls started jumping up and down which brought tears to my eyes and the lady closing our loan. My mom flew in on Sunday to help us with the kids for the week while we painted and riped out carpet (she really ended up helping us paint too...Thanks again mom for all your help). It was a lot of work but we are very happy we did it. (We still have little odds and ends to do...but isn't that the joy of owning a home.)


Jason couldn't wait to mow the lawn and he smiled the whole time doing it...wonder how long that will last?

The girls painting their wall pink

June 22 we got the moving truck...which ended up being the hottest day in Iowa up to that point for the year, and some wonderful friends and guys from the ward showed up to help load the truck and some even drove up to our new house to help unload. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Later that night Jason and I made one more load with more boxes and the stuff in our garage and that was the first night we slept in the house. The girls loved it!


So now 1 1/2 months later we finally feel like we are settled. Thanks again to all of you who helped us not only physically but prays too because there where definite miracles that happened to get us into this house on time (before Jason started Residency).
Pictures of the house after all the hard work...
(I still have some rooms I haven't taken pictures of that I will post later.)

Family Room

Living room

Living Room

1/2 bath/laundry room

kids bathroom

the girls room


Austin's Room



Home Sweet Home

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

LOVE IT! and I love love love the red door. Isn't having a home so great?

Rachael said...

I love it! It is so cute and you have done a wonderful job making it that way. I know it is alot of hard work. You will just love having a home finally. We have been dying to see it, now maybe someday we will get out there to visit!

Andrea said...

Ok, so we can't wait to come over and hang out soon right??? Love the house. It looks perfect for you guys. I hope you got my message about dinner tonight and hanging out tomorrow. Text or call me to let me know if you can go.

Kierstin said...

It looks amazing! I love that Jason loves to mow the lawn, what a nerd (I love mowing our lawn too, maybe it's genetic) :) I love the colors that you chose for your walls and in the girls room, and the red door, that makes such a BIG difference in the look of the house. I think the lights and house numbers look so nice and make the shutters stand out even more. Great job! Congratulations! xo

Mindy Burns said...

That is so great!!!! We are so happy for you!!!! Doesn't finally having a house just make you FEEL like you're finally a grown up? I don't think we could EVER rent again...knock on wood!!!! We miss you guys!!!

Kristie said...

I'm so happy for your long waited new home! I love your red front door. And you've decorated quite fast. It looks good. How cute that Jason was so excited to mow the lawn. If he is as busy as Brandon you'll be the one mowing and I'm sure you won't have a smile on your face!

For how long have you had a piano? I did not know you owned one.

Melbell said...

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations - Beautiful! Welcome home ;)