Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Riding



Savannah learned how to ride a two-wheeler bike last week.



It all started when I bought her a new big bike so Madi could have her old bike. Well our first family walk (Sunday evening) after I fixed all the bikes with trainning wheels she bent the trainning wheel the first 100 yards and I ended up holding her up the rest of the time, until towards the end of the walk I decided to see what she could do. I held on to the back of her seat and ran with her and eventually let go... she actually rode by herself and then Jason had to step in because I couldn't run as fast as she could ride. But in the end the bike was too big for her to get on and off of.



So on Friday (almost a whole week later) I decided to take the trainning wheels off Madi's bike (sorry Madi) and we went out on a new big open street with no houses or cars and I taught her how to ride. She didn't need much help at all. She could balance immediately and even could brake and get off so the thing we really "practiced" was getting started all by herself. By the time the sun went down she had it. She is so proud of herself and so are Jason and I. Now if we only had a place for her to ride all the time.



PS Then this week she taught herself how to turn and ride on the grass.





Good Job Savannah! We are so proud of you and all you practicing. (I have been trying to teach her that it takes practice to be good at something, that all the dancers, and people she sees on TV practice hard to be good at what they do they just don't try it once and they are done.)

7 comments:

Spjut Family said...

We are so proud, what a go getter. Love you Savannah.

Melbell said...

You can just see her determination! I love it!

Kierstin said...

Cute! Good job Savannah! We're excited to see you all next month :) love yu

The Halls said...

I'm still in shock for how fast these kids have grown up!!! I still remember how little they once were!!! So excited to see you guys next month love ya!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Way to go Savannah!! I'm sending Brooklyn to live with you for a couple weeks!

Rachael said...

Yeah Savannah! Every time I see her I can't believe how big she is getting. They grow up super fast.

Kristie said...

Savannah, we are so proud of you! How fun for you! Now you and Riley can ride your bikes together around the block.