Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Official...

Jason matched yesterday and got his first choice here in Des Moines at Mercy Medical Center in General Surgery.
(that means that we get to stay here in the great state of Iowa for another 5 years and for those of you wondering if we like living in Iowa, the answer is yes.)

I am so proud of Jason for all of his hard work, this has been a life long goal of his and it is so much fun to see him reach this wonderful goal he has for himself and his family.
We also want to thank everyone for all of their love, support and prayers throughout the years, we couldn't have done it without you. We feel very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends and thank the Lord for you everyday.
We Love You!

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

YAY for matching where you wanted! I bet it's so good to know!

Debbi said...

That's awesome! I think it's great you get to stay there - you already know the area, you can start to look for a house - you don't have to worry about schools! GREAT! How exciting!

I didn't know yesterday was match day!

It's almost graduation!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am excited for you! Goodluck on the house search.

Sara

Megan and Shawn said...

That is great news! Congratulations to you both, because we all know it takes two to get through med school.

Cassie said...

HOORAY! I am glad you guys got your first choice! Yea for knowing where you will be the next 5 years! That is great news!

Andrea said...

Of course he got his #1 match choice. Was there ever a doubt that he woudln't get it??? So excited for your family. I bet a huge stress is lifted off your shoulders now. Now we just have to suck it up and wait until Mar 18 to find out the fate of the MOrris'.

PS; So if you guys were still planning on coming out for that rotation in UT next month..we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have Savannah come to Hunter's 5th bday party. It would be on Sat. March 7 sometime in the afternoon. (like around 3ish) So if you could make it, I know Hunter would be so happy. Look at your schedule, and let me know sooner than later, so I can make some plans. Can't wait to see you Spjut's again. Talk to you soon.

J and C said...

wow, congrats, so we will be seeing you for another 5 years!