Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break - Nauvoo, IL

We decided to take a family trip to Nauvoo, IL for Spring Break, since this is the last spring break we are going to get. We left Tuesday(March 18th) morning and got home tonight (Thursday, March 20th). We had a great time, it wasn't as fun for our girls because they couldn't run around and touch everything, but it turned out okay. Jason and I took turns going into the different house while Madilynn and Olivia slept and Savannah pick and choose which house she wanted to go into. When they were awake we took them in and for the most time they were okay. It was a great time to go because there was no one there and we were usually on the tour by ourselves, it made it a lot easier to ask questions and more personable. Jason and I went about 5 years ago but we both agree that it was a good thing to go back to see and be reminded about the sacrific of the early saints of the Church and we will go back again (when our kids get older or with a babysitter). It is a wonderful trip, if you are thinking of going you should go.

We also went to Carthage Jail (this is what most of our pictures and trip was like, a little caotic).


Savannah, her candel and rope. (She loved making the rope, it was probally her favorite part.)

7 comments:

Debbi said...

we're heading there in a few hours! whoo hoo for short trips, your pictures don't look crazy, they look cute!

Kierstin said...

I wish we could come and do that trip with you guys. That would be fun to spend time with you. Maybe next year when the baby is a bit older and we can enjoy it a bit more... or better yet, leave the kids at home! ha ha. Thanks for all of your sweet messages on my blog. I am so lucky to have you as a sister-in-law and I look up to you so much. I just wanted you to know that and know how much I love you. xo

{Erica} said...

love the pictures and looks like a fun trip! your family is so darn cute and very photogenic i have to say :)

Anonymous said...

I love that family picture and everyone looks great. I'm glad you had fun and got a little vacation. We need to go back, without a baby that is 10 days old =) Surprising that it wasn't crazy busy with it being spring break and all, but that was probably nice.

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures! I have to say that the first one is my favorite! WAY cute family. Glad you had a fun trip. I loved Nauvoo when we went.

The Halls said...

I wish we could have gone looks like you guys had fun the pics turned out great! even though it is hard with little kids it is worth the experince!

mary said...

I love Nauvoo! You guys got some really cute family pictures there... I love the new header picture!